SoftUni offers quality education, profession and job opportunities to its students, who want to excel in programming, software engineering and development. The university was founded a little more than a year ago, but it’s a cause that has attracted a lot of students, fans and friends. The community is strong, though there is still more to be done.
This week is SoftUni‘s team and students first week at a new office. The new building is now a home of two labs – one of them has a capacity of 150 people (Lab “Open Source”), the other one holds 200 people (Lab “Inspiration”). The location is near downtown Sofia and is close to one of the biggest student clusters – Student City. It is also located near two major subway stations – Joliot-Curie and G. M. Dimitrov. See SoftUni on the map.
New Year – New Programming Courses at SoftUni 2.0
2015 brought not only new better equipped labs, but also new courses for the students:
- New Programming Basics course – starting on 10th January and more coming up in March – the basics of programming are taught through the language C#;
- Students start their next semesters with new exciting courses – Java Basics (students from Level #1), OOP (Level #2) and Databases (Level #3);
- New Fast Track Courses – there are a few of them planned: SEO, QA, Mobile App Development,…
- Free seminars on interesting topics.
2014 was successful and the numbers prove it:
- Over 5000 candidates to study in SoftUni;
- 1800 people sat the entrance exam;
- 800 students were admitted;
- Over 30 students started working as software developers already;
- Partnerships with over 40 software companies were established;
- 3 major Bulgarian universities are working closely with SoftUni so that they can offer joint bachelor degree programs;
- 2 SoftUni Conference took place in May and in October and gathered more than 400 people with interests in programming and software/hardware technologies.